In episode 4 of the Extra Extra Radio Show, we will be dressing head-to-toe in black, packing our cheap museum tote bags with pointe shoes, paintbrushes, novels, crippling debt and white wine, and visiting the overpriced loft studio of our dreams. This episode is, of course, exploring The Arts. Painting, design, theatre, music, literature and cinema: all these city life treats might be incomparable to great blue whales or luscious redwood trees, but dammit we’ll take it!
Meet some of the most seductive people that make the city into a unique, urban environment. They adore their city. They govern it with desire. Sway along with the dulcet tones of a surreal, sonic landscape.
The Extra Extra Radio Show is a radio series broadcast from an undefined city, a place you can see from the corner of your eye, just one click away from reality. A city that harvests and lives off of pheromones, lust, pent-up needs and the desires lingering in its inhabitants.
The show is written and performed by Dan Fox and Michael Portnoy, in close collaboration with Loes Verstappen who selected the music. Voice acting by Thomas Dudkiewicz, Dan Fox, Michael Portnoy, Monique Moses and Corin Wells. Script developed in collaboration with Monte Masi. Drawings by Fiona Lutjenhuis.
- 01 Drum Mode - Gray
- 02 Pulses - Steve Reich
- 03 arpsichord Automata (snippet) - Gelbart
- 04 Chronology - Qasim Naqvi
- 05 The Source (snippet) - Gelbart
- 06 Echoville (snippet) - Gelbart
- 07 Leaves for Gamera (snippet) - Gelbart
- 08 The Message (snippet) - Gelbart
- 09 Spacetime Reverie (snippet) - Gelbart
- 10 Nullen Void - The Gaslamp Killer (featuring MRR & Amir Yaghmai)
- 11 Tar (Jan Jelinek remix) - Lucrecia Dalt
- 12 Windowlicker (slow) - Aphex Twin
- 13 The Sound of Business - David Byrne
- 14 Moi... Lolita - Andrew Liles (featuring Alexandra Jako)
- 15 Opus for Four - The Art Of Noise
- 16 Sacrificial Code - Kali Malone
- 17 Red Sex - Vessel
- 18 Kokoku - Laurie Anderson
- 19 Windowlicker (slow) - Aphex Twin